Election Ballot Notice

You can fold your mail ballot like a letter

The absentee mail ballots for the South Suburban Candidate Election require an additional fold to fit into the required return envelope. We suggest folding it twice, like one would a letter, then place the ballot in the provided secrecy sleeve and return envelope. Refolding the ballot will not invalidate your vote. We apologize for any confusion. If you have any election questions, please call 303-483-7011.

Absentee Ballot Voter Instructions

Follow the voting instructions shown on your ballot. You must sign and date the voter affidavit on the return ballot. 

You may return your voted ballot by US mail to the address printed on the Return Envelope.  Don't forget to affix adequate postage. OR, you may hand deliver your ballot to one of the District's drop off boxes:

Through Election Day, 7 pm:  Administration Building, 6631 S. University Blvd., Centennial. Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.

From April 12 through Election Day, 7 pm:

Buck Recreation Center, 2004 W. Powers Ave., Littleton

Goodson Recreation Center, 6315 S. University Blvd., Centennial

South Suburban Golf Course Clubhouse, 7900 S. Colorado Blvd., Centennial

The Lone Tree Hub, 8827 Lone Tree Pkwy., Lone Tree 

All absentee ballots must be voted and returned to the District Designated Election Official by 7 pm on Election Day, in order to be counted. 

District Regular Election

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 

Basic Information

The next regular election of the South Suburban Park and Recreation District is on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. It will be a polling place election, with the option of obtaining an absentee ballot. Three board positions will be filled.

South Suburban Park and Recreation District is holding a special coordinated election, working with the Arapahoe, Douglas, and Jefferson county clerks.

I didn't receive my ballot. What should I do?
This is a polling place election on May 8. If you requested an absentee ballot please contact the District at 303.483.7011, or send an email to elections@ssprd.org.

Polling Places and Ballot Drop Off Locations

Polling places will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Locations include:

Buck Recreation Center (2004 W. Powers Ave.)

Goodson Recreation Center (6315 S. University Blvd.)

The Lone Tree Hub (8827 Lone Tree Pkwy.)

South Suburban Golf Course (7900 S. Colorado Blvd.)

The call for candidates closed on March 2 Maximize

Voter Eligibility FAQ Maximize

General Election FAQ Maximize

Important Information

Applications for absentee ballots will be accepted through 5 pm on Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

Meet the Candidates

Candidates bios are listed in alphabetical order exactly as we received them, unedited.

Candidate Forums

You're invited to attend two candidate forums:
Saturday, April 21, 1-3 pm
Goodson Recreation Center, 6315 S. University Blvd., Room 7
Hosted by the League of Women Voters of Arapahoe/Douglas Counties

Thursday, April 26, 5:30-7:30 pm
South Metro Denver Chamber, 2154 E. Commons Dr., Ste. 342
Whipplewood Conference Room
Moderated by John Brackney, former president and CEO of the Chamber.
Hosted by the South Metro Denver Chamber