Nesbitt Park

This site was part of the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad spur line to Fort Logan. The land was vacated by the railroad to the City of Sheridan on June 22, 1966. It was later deeded to the adjacent land developer by the City on May 24, 1972 for the purpose of a park. It was then subsequently returned to the City. The park was deeded by the City to the South Suburban Park and Recreation District on April 12, 1990. The park is named after Maurice Nesbitt. Mr. Nesbitt served as the Sheridan town clerk in late 1940s. He was also on the town Board of Trustees in 1957 and 1958. Mr. Nesbitt was a volunteer fire fighter for 35 years and served as the secretary for the volunteers.

Nesbitt Park

Shelter: Yes
Power Outlet: No
Drinking Fountain: No
Grill: Yes
Restrooms: No
Fields & Courts:
Fields Maps: Show Field Map
Parking Spaces:
Handicap Accessible: No
Playground: Yes
Shelter Seating Capacity: 1-8
Other Information:

Location

3025 W Mansfield Avenue
Sheridan CO, 80110